From: Gene L. on
I recently changed from Windows Mail to Office Outlook 2007 on my Vista Home
premium System. Everything is working as I believe it should. There is one
thing however, which I find time-consuming and annoying but perhaps I am not
using the right sequence.

With Windows Mail, I can open an incoming message and, when I finish reading
it, I can go on to the next message (already opened) just by pressing a
"down arrow" on the tool bar. There is no such arrow in Outlook 2007 and to
read the next message, I have to go back to the message list and start over
again to select and open. I do this because it is difficult for me to read
messages in the preview pane. Is there a way to access the next message
directly?

Thanks for your help - I hope I have explained my request in an
understandable way.

Gene L.

From: LD55ZRA on
Gene L. wrote:
> I recently changed from Windows Mail to Office Outlook 2007 on my Vista
> Home premium System. Everything is working as I believe it should. There
> is one thing however, which I find time-consuming and annoying but
> perhaps I am not using the right sequence.
>
> With Windows Mail, I can open an incoming message and, when I finish
> reading it, I can go on to the next message (already opened) just by
> pressing a "down arrow" on the tool bar. There is no such arrow in
> Outlook 2007 and to read the next message, I have to go back to the
> message list and start over again to select and open. I do this because
> it is difficult for me to read messages in the preview pane. Is there a
> way to access the next message directly?
>
> Thanks for your help - I hope I have explained my request in an
> understandable way.
>
> Gene L.

You could arrange your Outlook such that it resembles Windows Live Mail.
For example on the View tab do the following:

Arrange by: Date;
Current View: Messages;
Navigation Pane: Normal; Favorite Folders;
Reading Pane: Bottom;

This should make your life a little bit easier!.

hth

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Gene L." <Camelotscc(a)tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

>I recently changed from Windows Mail to Office Outlook 2007 on my Vista Home
>premium System. Everything is working as I believe it should. There is one
>thing however, which I find time-consuming and annoying but perhaps I am not
>using the right sequence.
>
> With Windows Mail, I can open an incoming message and, when I finish reading
> it, I can go on to the next message (already opened) just by pressing a
> "down arrow" on the tool bar. There is no such arrow in Outlook 2007 and to
> read the next message, I have to go back to the message list and start over
> again to select and open. I do this because it is difficult for me to read
> messages in the preview pane. Is there a way to access the next message
> directly?

And 50 minutes prior to posting this you also posted:

"Please disregard this inquiry. I do not know how I missed it. The
application is exactly the same."

So, if you knew the answer after posting the original message, why post again?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]