From: KARL DEWEY on
>>I linked my query to the form that has my two combo boxes
Does this mean you used the query as the source for the form? If so that is
wrong.

The form needs to be unbound. You would open the form, select dates, then
run the report that uses the query as source.

Test by opening the form, selecting dates, and then run the query by itself
to view data.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: AccessKay on
You're reply came after I sent you my reply...I knew you would ask me this.
I did as you said...plugged the months in my UNBOUND form and ran the report
based on the query. It still came up with zeros.

From: KARL DEWEY on
A couple of test to run --
-- Run query without the form being open and respond to the prompts. Make
sure to answer the prompts exactly the same.
-- Open form, select dates, and run query.

BTW why do you need to use combo boxes instead of text box? Do you run the
same dates so many time that you load them in a table?

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: KARL DEWEY on
One other test. Open form, select dates, create a new query like this --

SELECT [TransDate], [Forms]![frmDialogBox]![cboMo1] AS MONTH_1,
[tblTrans_Mstr].[Labor_Cost], [Forms]![frmDialogBox]![cboMo2] AS MONTH_2
FROM [tblTrans_Mstr];

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: AccessKay on
I ran the query without opening the form and was prompted to enter Month1 and
Month2. I ignored them and it has the same result…two zero values in one
row. My combo boxes are based on a table/query with one row for month number
and another for month name (with month name visible). I could use text boxes
but thought it would be easier for the user to select the month.

I opened the form, selected dates, and then created the query you suggested.
I did get data to return in the query based on my month selections. The
query returns a column TransDate for all months and years, a column for
MONTH_1 that gives the month number per selection (e.g. “1” for Jan), a
column for Labor_Cost, and one more column for MONTH_2 with the month number.
I'm not sure if the Labor_Cost is for MONTH_1 or MONTH_2 column.

Just a little background…selecting date periods is key to this database. I
learned how to set-up an unbound form to pull current month/year/qtr with
different categories. I also learned how to use a date range. But now I
need to produce reports for variances between periods such as month, year,
qtr. I was able to set it up with the pop up parameters but it required
creating four queries for one report and then the user had to answer six pop
up parameters…too messy.