From: Gary Keramidas on
they made improvements to the ribbon in 2010. you are able to customize the
ribbon instead of having to use the qa toolbar.
don't get me wrong, not a fan, but it makes it more usable.
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: Bob Phillips on
It is hard to say.Can you post the workbook on a file share website so that
we can take a look?

--

HTH

Bob

"JJ" <metaldogo70(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
I enabled the macros. The reason I want to use the Ribbons is because
I don't want to have to stick custom toolbars in the "Add-Ins" Ribbon.
As I understand it, a custom ribbon can be built via XML. I've found
numerous examples of these files. I even used the Custom UI Editor
which comes from Microsoft to build custom ribbons and still...
nothing.

I even took a file from Microsoft's website and opened it up... still
no custom ribbon.

What am I missing here?

From: Ron de Bruin on
Hi JJ

Are the example workbooks working from my site ?

If you have one typo in your ribbonX you not see the new tab
You can validate the RibbonX with the UI editor

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

From: JJ on
I typed everything exactly as it was shown, but I don't see any new
Tabs when I open the Excel file.

I validated what I typed in the Custom UI Editor and everything looked
fine.

I'm not sure why the Tab does not show in Excel.

From: JJ on
The first time I tried... I typed in the XML and it looked exactly
like what you typed and it didn't work.

I tried it again and it worked. This time I copied the XML as you said
in the instructions.

Do you have an example where a new tab is added when the file is
opened? I looked on your tips but I didn't see anything like that. I'm
probably not looking carefully enough.

Thanks again!