From: MN on
Hi - I need to run a query to find out in a tableA field gender has some
other value than 1,2,3.
But this will product all records ! It was included 1,2,3,4,5...8,9.
If I using "AND" then it come out just records 4,5,6,7,8,9
Is it weird ? Thank you for any reply .

SELECT *
FROM TableA
WHERE gender<>1 OR gender <> 2 or gender<>3;
From: KARL DEWEY on
SELECT *
FROM TableA
WHERE [Gender] Not Between 1 AND 3;

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Marshall Barton on
MN wrote:

>Hi - I need to run a query to find out in a tableA field gender has some
>other value than 1,2,3.
>But this will product all records ! It was included 1,2,3,4,5...8,9.
>If I using "AND" then it come out just records 4,5,6,7,8,9
>Is it weird ? Thank you for any reply .
>
>SELECT *
>FROM TableA
>WHERE gender<>1 OR gender <> 2 or gender<>3;

And what about the AND didn't you like? Seems like the 4,5
.... are the ones you want to see??

If the problem is that you also have some records where the
gender field is Null, then:

WHERE (gender<>1 AND gender <> 2 AND gender<>3)
OR gender Is Null

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: MN on
Thank for reply, actual value are: 1,2,3,4,88,99 And I want to see in this
field do they have a different value other than those number?
Regards,

From: MN on
I mean I like the AND than but the logical here somthing make me confused?
OK-The user want to print out all of record if the field gender have
diferent value other than 1,2,3,4,77,99 and you was right null is count too.

Thank you.