From: mario on
Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it
can insert only one record at one time.

INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120)

Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table
using a query.

Please help. Thanks.
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
mario wrote:
>Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it
>can insert only one record at one time.
>
>INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120)
>
>Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table
>using a query.
>
>Please help. Thanks.

It depends. Where's the data? Is it in a table or some kind of attachable
format? (delimited text file, Excel file...etc)?

From: mario on
The table I want to update is in MS Access and I'm trying to insert multiple
records into a table using a querry so I'm looking to write a querry like

INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120),
( 'WCCP', 0.0125, 0.018202, 140)

Thanks

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
mario wrote:
>The table I want to update is in MS Access and I'm trying to insert multiple
>records into a table using a querry so I'm looking to write a querry like
>
>INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120),
>( 'WCCP', 0.0125, 0.018202, 140)
>
>Thanks

As far as I know, Access doesn't support that syntax. SQL Server 2008 does,
so you might be able to create pass through queries to do it, if you're
writing to SQL Server...

If you're just entering data through a form in Access, you don't need *any*
queries at all to do this. Just bind the form to the table and open the form
in data entry mode. You won't see existing entries, but it's the most
efficient way of doing what you want.

Pages: 1
Prev: Help with sample query.
Next: problem with "#"