From: Wombat on
Hi!

I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much
success. Hopefully you guys can help!

I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called
"Orders", with a customer number in column B.
On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list
of clients (customer number in column B also).
I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on
which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab
called "Order missing".
Basically, I think that the macro would have to search for the customer
numbers on the "clients" tab in the "orders" tab, then either:
-do nothing if it finds the number OR
-if it doesnt find the number, insert information on the client into the
next available row on the tab "Order Missing" (the information being on the
same row as the customer number in the client tab; in fact, the best solution
for me would be to insert the whole row)

I could do this by hand (and I have!) but as this process now has to be done
every week, I'm looking to speed up the process.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as my forehead is starting to
hurt from all the banging of my head on my desk!

Thanks a lot
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com
"Wombat" <Wombat(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much
> success. Hopefully you guys can help!
>
> I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called
> "Orders", with a customer number in column B.
> On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list
> of clients (customer number in column B also).
> I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on
> which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab
> called "Order missing".
> Basically, I think that the macro would have to search for the customer
> numbers on the "clients" tab in the "orders" tab, then either:
> -do nothing if it finds the number OR
> -if it doesnt find the number, insert information on the client into the
> next available row on the tab "Order Missing" (the information being on
> the
> same row as the customer number in the client tab; in fact, the best
> solution
> for me would be to insert the whole row)
>
> I could do this by hand (and I have!) but as this process now has to be
> done
> every week, I'm looking to speed up the process.
>
> Any help on this would be much appreciated as my forehead is starting to
> hurt from all the banging of my head on my desk!
>
> Thanks a lot

Pages: 1
Prev: pinewood derby
Next: Multiple formulas in subtotal