From: Rob on
Halfix NB wrote:

Hide My IP 2009
Download Hide My IP
Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, 2MB
Try It for 14 Days Free

Did you know your IP address is exposed every time you visit a website?
Your IP address is your online identity and could be used by hackers to
break into your computer, steal personal information, or commit other
crimes against you. Hide My IP allows you to surf anonymously, change
your IP address, prevent identity theft, and guard against hacker
intrusions, all with the click of a button.

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

Hide My IP 2009

Try It for 14 Days Free

Did you know your IP address is exposed every time you visit a website?
Your IP address is your online identity and could be used by hackers to
break into your computer, steal personal information, or commit other
crimes against you. Hide My IP allows you to surf anonymously, change
your IP address, prevent identity theft, and guard against hacker
intrusions, all with the click of a button.

Key Benefits & Features

Easily Conceal Your IP Address - Just click "Hide IP" and your IP is
instantly hidden! Other people see a fake IP, which is not associated
with your real IP. Click here to read how it works.

Hie My IP 2009 Released January ??, 2009. Now with Secure 128-Bit
Encrypted Connection, many new features, and more IPs! Anonymous Web
Surfing - Protect your privacy and cover your tracks! Select from one of
our many fake proxy IP addresses for totally anonymous browsing.

Advanced Application Support - Hide My IP 2009 works with all major
browsers and dozens of instant messengers, E-mail clients, games, and more!

Protect Your Identity and Stop Hackers - Identity thieves can use your
IP addresses to compromise your computer. Installing keyloggers,
Trojans, and other tools to aid their crime. Stop them at the source by
hiding your IP!

Send Anonymous Emails - Hide your IP in E-mail headers. Supports Webmail
services like Yahoo, Hotmail, and GMail. Mail clients supported with a
Premium account include Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and more!

Un-ban Your IP From Forums, Blogs, and other Websites - By faking your
IP you can often access many sites you were banned from. Use with Cookie
Crumble for the most effectiveness.

From: Hunter on
Rob wrote:
> Halfix NB wrote:
>
> Hide My IP 2009

If he doesn't trust well-known sites to merely report his address to him
I'd hazard a guess he'd also be way too paranoid to pass all of his
traffic through an "unknown" proxy as well (probably a tad less
secure!). Kinda funny! 8]

From: Rob on
Hunter wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> Halfix NB wrote:
>>
>> Hide My IP 2009
>

> If he doesn't trust well-known sites to merely report his address to him
> I'd hazard a guess he'd also be way too paranoid to pass all of his
> traffic through an "unknown" proxy as well (probably a tad less
> secure!). Kinda funny! 8]

Bit of a catch 22 the only way is to use a proxy server
From: Hunter on
Rob wrote:
> Hunter wrote:
>> Rob wrote:
>>> Halfix NB wrote:
>>>
>>> Hide My IP 2009
>>

>> If he doesn't trust well-known sites to merely report his address to
>> him I'd hazard a guess he'd also be way too paranoid to pass all of
>> his traffic through an "unknown" proxy as well (probably a tad less
>> secure!). Kinda funny! 8]
>>

> Bit of a catch 22 the only way is to use a proxy server

Yeah but that would actually be less secure, not only is he exposing his
address to an "unknown" proxy site, but all of his traffic, as opposed
to just his address.

If he's looking at it from a remote management perspective TeamViewer is
an option, but it also runs the same supposed risks, as all traffic will
pass through their broker server (although they guarantee that it is all
secure even as far as they are concerned, but it wouldn't stop them if
they were members of the illuminati and could really be bothered from
analysing this traffic).

And at the end of the day this could still happen at any point in
transit regardless of anything he does, you take that risk the second
you hook up to the internet.

From: Rod Speed on
Trouble is that you cant be sure that the authors of this
arent harvesting IPs and flogging them to criminals etc.