From: Tom Mason on
I hardly ever shut off my computer, and Virtual XP is minimized on the Taskbar if I'm not using it at the moment. I've noticed that after a day or two, VPC starts consuming a lot of CPU cycles. I've got a quad-core AMD 955, running at 3.2 GHz, and VPC was using 36% of the total CPU with activity on all 4 cores. Sometimes it will go almost to 100%. Restarting VPC stops this behavior.

Has anyone else seen this?

Tom Mason
From: Bo Berglund on
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:25:48 -0800, "Tom Mason" <masonth(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>I hardly ever shut off my computer, and Virtual XP is minimized on the Taskbar if I'm not using it at the moment. I've noticed that after a day or two, VPC starts consuming a lot of CPU cycles. I've got a quad-core AMD 955, running at 3.2 GHz, and VPC was using 36% of the total CPU with activity on all 4 cores. Sometimes it will go almost to 100%. Restarting VPC stops this behavior.
>
>Has anyone else seen this?
>
>Tom Mason

Host operating system???
Which version of VPC???

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: RCan on
Hi Tom,

I personally would exclude the vpc.exe and the VHD/AVHD/BIN from realtime AV scan and monitor your system again.
had already seen simular cases but only with Hyper-V where also MS had published KB articles which are discussing this.

Else, if this is a "important" client system, you could dump the process and analyze it by yourself (Windows Debugger) or sent it to MS support services.

Regards
Ramazan

From: Tom Mason on
Bo,

Windows 7 Ultimate, Build 7600
vpc.exe version 6.1.7600.16393

Tom
wrote:

>I hardly ever shut off my computer, and Virtual XP is minimized on the Taskbar if I'm not using it at the moment. I've noticed that after a day or two, VPC starts consuming a lot of CPU cycles. I've got a quad-core AMD 955, running at 3.2 GHz, and VPC was using 36% of the total CPU with activity on all 4 cores. Sometimes it will go almost to 100%. Restarting VPC stops this behavior.
>
>Has anyone else seen this?
>
>Tom Mason

Host operating system???
Which version of VPC???