From: Joe788 on
http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/112892/en/5478_Leenstra_CS_EN.pdf

“Working with our former 3D CAD system was
frustrating because large models would cause the
system to crash – and we were losing data! With
CoCreate Modeling, we can work with large models
easily; design is faster and the team is more flexible.”

“We used SolidWorks at first,” says Terpstra. “But we couldn’t easily
modify the 2D drawings we already had. This caused a great waste of
time and many unexpected hours of work.” He also found that it was
difficult to manage 2D and 3D models in a single project."

"However, the biggest trouble for the Leenstra team came from trying
to load large models. “Large assemblies were time-consuming, and
we experienced a great deal of frustration as models crashed during
design and even caused data loss.”

"That’s why the company switched from its original 3D CAD solution,
SolidWorks, to a CoCreate solution, adopting Explicit Modeling and
CoCreate’s integrated data management tools to help make product
development faster and more flexible. Best of all, the CoCreate family
of products supported the level of innovation that Leenstra relies on
for its success."

"With CoCreate Drawing Manager and CoCreate Model Manager, engineers
can load and manage 2D and 3D data into one project. As well,
CoCreate Modeling includes CoCreate Drafting, a 2D application
compatible with CoCreate Modeling’s 3D environment. “That means
the designer can easily make or adjust drawings as part of a project,”
says Terpstra."

"Best of all, CoCreate Modeling handles modeling data differently
than SolidWorks, significantly reducing the data volume of models.
Large assemblies work better in CoCreate’s 3D environment. Terpstra
notes that his data now loads faster and is much more stable once in
the system."

"With 2D drawings working compatibly in the 3D environment, and
with large models now performing so much better, Leenstra engineers
now spend the bulk of their time designing machines instead
of trying to work around the wrong design software. And that means
Leenstra does more of what it does best: creative engineering."

From: noneya on
On May 28, 6:06 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/112892/en/5478_Leenstra_CS_EN.pdf
>
> “Working with our former 3D CAD system was
> frustrating because large models

Seems they lacked due diligence when evaluating the first CAD package
they bought. Much like you, they went with the CAD du jour based on
adverts and demos rather than actually making a list of their criteria
and evaluating competing CAD packages based on their needs.

Had they loaded one or two of their projects they would have seen the
issues up front. The issues would not be unknown to real users or any
competent person evaluating a program. Complaining about issues after
the fact is as dumb as buying something without knowing anything about
it or basing your purchase on your needs.

I use SolidWorks for large assemblies and it has been a very stable
platform where I have maybe 5 crashes a year and most if not all of
them can be traced to something I did. So when someone complains
about crashes I recommend they look for the source and not blame the
symptoms.
From: vinny on

"Joe788" <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

**********
I always notice this dipshit uses the words...we....our...etc...
NEVER "I".

I bet this nut is an invalid in a wheelchair, giving voice commands to his
pc without ever actually modeling or programming anything.

If large models are a problem....try not working on the whole assembly, or
shrinking the part down a decimal place. Or hell...do something creative as
opposed to just sitting there like a 4year old who won't eat his spinach.

Waaaa, this software won't do exactly what I need it to do!
I need something written that applies specifically to me and the exact
parts im trying to make, or well actually, what the guys at my work are
trying to make.

Solidworks rules. If it's giving you trouble maybe you should try something
easier...oh wait, there is nothing easier. (point)

From: cncmillgil on
On May 28, 8:06 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/112892/en/5478_Leenstra_CS_EN.pdf
>
> “Working with our former 3D CAD system was
> frustrating because large models would cause the
> system to crash – and we were losing data! With
> CoCreate Modeling, we can work with large models
> easily; design is faster and the team is more flexible.”

Well, ever hear of backup?

> “We used SolidWorks at first,” says Terpstra. “But we couldn’t easily
> modify the 2D drawings we already had. This caused a great waste of
> time and many unexpected hours of work.” He also found that it was
> difficult to manage 2D and 3D models in a single project."
>
> "However, the biggest trouble for the Leenstra team came from trying
> to load large models. “Large assemblies were time-consuming, and
> we experienced a great deal of frustration as models crashed during
> design and even caused data loss.”

How bout a computer with enough ram, proper video & HD space to handle
those LARGE ASSY's

> "That’s why the company switched from its original 3D CAD solution,
> SolidWorks, to a CoCreate solution, adopting Explicit Modeling and
> CoCreate’s integrated data management tools to help make product
> development faster and more flexible. Best of all, the CoCreate family
> of products supported the level of innovation that Leenstra relies on
> for its success."

simple minds need simple solutions

> "With CoCreate Drawing Manager and CoCreate Model Manager, engineers
> can load and manage 2D and 3D data into one project. As well,
> CoCreate Modeling includes CoCreate Drafting, a 2D application
> compatible with CoCreate Modeling’s 3D environment. “That means
> the designer can easily make or adjust drawings as part of a project,”
> says Terpstra."

Been making 3D solidworks parts off of 2D Acad imported files for
years.
Not seeing a problem what so ever. IMO it works great. I just need to
glance at the physical print once in awhile to make sure I have
"lined" things up correctly & the Acad jockey "drawed it rite"

> "Best of all, CoCreate Modeling handles modeling data differently
> than SolidWorks, significantly reducing the data volume of models.
> Large assemblies work better in CoCreate’s 3D environment. Terpstra
> notes that his data now loads faster and is much more stable once in
> the system."

finally got a new computer eh?

> "With 2D drawings working compatibly in the 3D environment, and
> with large models now performing so much better, Leenstra engineers
> now spend the bulk of their time designing machines instead
> of trying to work around the wrong design software. And that means
> Leenstra does more of what it does best: creative engineering."

wonder what kind of parts they "creatively engineer"?
widgets? maybe transparent aluminum? using unubtainum materiel?

--

~g~
From: Joe788 on
http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/75473/en/3667_WP_Explct_Modl.pdf

“The explicit modeling approach has proven much
faster for us. Even after many iterations of design
changes, the models can be handled by anybody in
the team. All our unexpected changes could easily
be incorporated into the models.”

Marten Verhoeven, Head of ICT, Van Beek BV

"An explicit approach to 3D design offers lasting benefits to
companies,
especially where one-off or highly customized product designs
are common and where companies require the highest level of
flexibility
in the design process to respond to unexpected changes."

"Innovative product design involves exploration and discovery. An
explicit approach gives designers the freedom to rapidly evolve a
product design in unpredictable and new directions where modifications
can’t be anticipated in advance."

"With the explicit modeling approach, companies can rapidly test
ideas,
evaluate a broad range of options, and constantly adapt and refine
a product as it moves through the development process. Companies
benefit when they experiment with changes while changes are
inexpensive
and product designs aren’t locked into a specific development
path."