From: Andrew Hamilton on
In practice, how fast does Hitachi send out a replacement for a drive
returned under RMA?

Their RMA status web page has this message:

Please be aware that you may experience a delay in receiving your
replacement disk drive based on stock availability. If product is
available, your replacement order will be processed within 14 working
days after the receipt of your defective disk drive.

-----------------

Are they saying that if there are no more drives available, then I'm
outta luck?
From: Arno on
Andrew Hamilton <Ahamilton90900(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> In practice, how fast does Hitachi send out a replacement for a drive
> returned under RMA?

> Their RMA status web page has this message:

> Please be aware that you may experience a delay in receiving your
> replacement disk drive based on stock availability. If product is
> available, your replacement order will be processed within 14 working
> days after the receipt of your defective disk drive.

> -----------------

> Are they saying that if there are no more drives available, then I'm
> outta luck?

No. Just that it could take a couple of weeks if the have no drive
in your size ready to be shipped.

Arno

--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
From: Mike Tomlinson on
In article <vaihe59t2e0t74get0ofe0e29tpbleckqf(a)4ax.com>, Andrew Hamilton
<Ahamilton90900(a)yahoo.com> writes

>Are they saying that if there are no more drives available, then I'm
>outta luck?

No, they'll send you the next capacity drive up that they do have in
stock. e.g. if you send in a 250GB and they have none in, they'll send
you a 320GB instead.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

From: Rod Speed on
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
> Andrew Hamilton <Ahamilton90900(a)yahoo.com> writes

>> In practice, how fast does Hitachi send out a replacement for a drive returned under RMA?

>> Their RMA status web page has this message:

>> Please be aware that you may experience a delay in receiving
>> your eplacement disk drive based on stock availability. If product
>> is available, your replacement order will be processed within 14
>> working days after the receipt of your defective disk drive.

>> Are they saying that if there are no more drives available, then I'm outta luck?

> No, they'll send you the next capacity drive up that they do have in
> stock. e.g. if you send in a 250GB and they have none in, they'll
> send you a 320GB instead.

Doesnt explain why that should take longer.

From: Andrew Hamilton on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:24:53 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
<mike(a)jasper.org.uk> wrote:

>In article <vaihe59t2e0t74get0ofe0e29tpbleckqf(a)4ax.com>, Andrew Hamilton
><Ahamilton90900(a)yahoo.com> writes
>
>>Are they saying that if there are no more drives available, then I'm
>>outta luck?
>
>No, they'll send you the next capacity drive up that they do have in
>stock. e.g. if you send in a 250GB and they have none in, they'll send
>you a 320GB instead.

Since I sent in a 1 TB drive, I can only hope that Hitachi will ship
me their new 2 TB model. :) :) :) LOL!~

As of 10 minutes ago, the Hitachi website said that they had still not
shipped out a replacement drive. There is still hope. :)

I'll keep the group posted.

-ah