From: Warren Massey on
OK, I have finally moved beyond v7.1.1 and am getting to know my way around 8.5.1 and have discovered that the little tool in the preceeding post no longer works like it did in v7.1.1.   In v7.1.1 it lived at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\project\Show & Hide Controls.vi   and I could call it up from a VI's "Tools" menu and it started, ran, found the current VI's front panel and then I could use it with that VI. It made use of an "AllVIs" in memory property, coupled with "FP.IsFrontMost" to do this.
Now however, in LV v8.x, the AllVIs property no longer means "AllVIs" but rather All VIs in a private little universe and the "Tools" universe seems to not intersect the current development projects universe. I have found and tinkered with a "VIMemory Get VIs in Memory.vi" but have not had much luck there because the VI lists it returns represents several universes and each has its own front-most VI.
Can anyone tell me how to identify the current front-most VI from a Microsoft Windows XP perspective and access it it from a tool VI running off in its own little private universe???