From: greenchile505 on
John H Meyers wrote:

> HP12C (no big deal since still in production),
> HP15C, HP16C, HP34C, HP32E, and a perfect Curta model I
> (with original box, instructions, & optional tables booklet),
> maybe the 48G and 48GX (with cards) if the 50G really supersedes it;
> if I don't see to this before my higher calling, they'll end up
> in a little fund-raising shop where someone might just
> make a lucky find for $1 each, or they could as well
> wind up in a landfill.

I can't stop thinking your comments may fall in the "it doesn't hurt to
ask" category. If you need a poor, humble, hp fanatic buyer for a 15c
or 16c, please let me know. I will mow your lawn for a couple years,
plus cash.

Hopefully you live in Phoenix. (Airfare could kill the deal).

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:27:29 -0500:

> Hopefully you live in Phoenix.

With permafrost about to roll in here, I'm almost ready to move!

[r->] [OFF]
From: b on
In article <1161390448.999308.179760(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
greenchile505(a)yahoo.com says...

-snip-
> I can't stop thinking your comments may fall in the "it doesn't hurt to
> ask" category. If you need a poor, humble, hp fanatic buyer for a 15c
> or 16c, please let me know. I will mow your lawn for a couple years,
> plus cash.
>
> Hopefully you live in Phoenix. (Airfare could kill the deal).

You have a lawnmower in Phoenix??? Shame on you. ;-)

I lucked into purchasing two 15C's in "very good" shape: one at a local
garage sale ($30 with manual & case) and another (via a friend) from a
pawn shop ($50 with case). Scour the desert and you just might get very
lucky...if you happen know folks who regularly visit pawn shops, garage
sales, or swap meets, offer a "finders fee" and give them a shopping
list...

Brent (in Prescott).
From: greenchile505 on
> You have a lawnmower in Phoenix??? Shame on you. ;-)

Yeah, just yesterday someone looked at my (900sq ft) lawn and asked if
I use a weed-wacker to cut it. Probably could. I don't water it much..
it's mostly for kids to play on - not for lookin' nice.

> I lucked into purchasing two 15C's in "very good" shape: one at a local
> garage sale ($30 with manual & case) and another (via a friend) from a
> pawn shop ($50 with case). Scour the desert and you just might get very
> lucky...if you happen know folks who regularly visit pawn shops, garage
> sales, or swap meets, offer a "finders fee" and give them a shopping
> list...
>
> Brent (in Prescott).

I've been driving by garage sales real slow lately, but it's kinda hard
to see a 5"x3" calculator from the street, through the windshield. Plus
it's real sunny here... (that was for JHM).

My problem is I don't need a 15c. I want one.

And I really hate ebay. So based on your experiencs, and advice, I will
get out of the car for garage sales and pawn shops.

Cheers,
Pal

From: b on
In article <1161403894.651915.45890(a)m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
greenchile505(a)yahoo.com says...
-snip-

Yeah, I did not "need" the 15C's either...really wanted 'em though to
join my collection: currently have an 11C, 20S, 28C, 32Sii, 2-41CV's,
41CX, 2-42S's, 48SX, 48GX, 50G, 71B, and a couple Soviet RPN Electronika
calcs. All except one of the 41CV's, the 48SX, and 50G were picked up
second hand. The 41CV and 48SX were my college friends.

Honestly, the 15's are a sentimental favorite and they tend to be my
daily usage calc's (along with free42 on my PDA)...I leave one 15C at
home and the other at my desk at work.

Brent.