From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:04:58 -0500, Dominic Richens wrote:

GreenC:
>> Why don't you hp 10C, 11C, 15C, 16C people
>> just buy an hp 12C and pretend it's your beloved calculator
>> minus some of your favorite functions??

DR:
> Sadly the 12C has no trig or logarithmic functions.

The 12C has built-in [e^x] and [LN] functions:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/12c.jpg

Someone recently posted this link,
to a 99-step complete trig package for 12C:
http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/DatafileVA003.pdf

More voyages with Voyagers, photos,
and much more from Valentin Albillo:
http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calcmain.htm

[r->] [OFF]
From: greenchile505 on
> Someone recently posted this link,
> to a 99-step complete trig package for 12C:
> http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/DatafileVA003.pdf

John, I just got done reading this entire ariticle. It was very funny
and informative. The author has a wonderful sense of humor and is a
true HP fanatic. He too uses the word "beloved" in his tribute to the
hp 16c article which I found at his main website (the 3rd link you
provided).

I also look forward to buying a used hp 12c in the next few days. I
can't afford a real 15c or 16c.

I did see one on craigslist the other day for $175.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/221054453.html

Cheers,
Pal

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:52:10 -0500, Pal wrote:

>> http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/DatafileVA003.pdf
>> http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calcmain.htm
> The author has a wonderful sense of humor and is a true HP fanatic.

Valentin Albillo is a terrific writer,
better than has ever been seen posting in comp.sys.hp48
(unless he once did himself).

> I did see one [HP15C] on craigslist the other day for $175.

If I could ever get around to packing them up,
I keep having visions of selling all my pristine calcs
(indistinguishable from brand new), together with
the complete manuals and extra handbooks (if I can find those :)

HP12C (no big deal since still in production),
HP15C, HP16C, HP34C, HP32E, and a perfect Curta model I
(with original box, instructions, & optional tables booklet),
maybe the 48G and 48GX (with cards) if the 50G really supersedes it;
if I don't see to this before my higher calling, they'll end up
in a little fund-raising shop where someone might just
make a lucky find for $1 each, or they could as well
wind up in a landfill.

I'm keeping the 32Sii and 20S and several 42S and several 17Bii,
however, even though I can't imagine how I'll ever use them
(or more than one each at home or office, maybe car too :)

Or are there any Pharoes whose tomb collection
still needs a few more period artifacts?

After all, they might need some reckoning gear
to keep track of all their gold on the other side,
just like this fellow:

[r->] [OFF]
From: Giancarlo on

On Oct 19, 2:52 am, greenchile...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> > Someone recently posted this link,
> > to a 99-step complete trig package for 12C:
> >http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/DatafileVA003.pdfJohn, I just got done reading this entire ariticle. It was very funny
> and informative. The author has a wonderful sense of humor and is a
> true HP fanatic. He too uses the word "beloved" in his tribute to the
> hp 16c article which I found at his main website (the 3rd link you
> provided).
>
> I also look forward to buying a used hp 12c in the next few days. I
> can't afford a real 15c or 16c.
>
> I did see one on craigslist the other day for $175.http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/221054453.html
>
> Cheers,
> Pal

Hi.
If you like Valentin Albillo's style-of-writing and knowledge about HP
calcs, you may find even more intereting to keep an eye on
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi
and on the threads Valentin starts (his legendary Short & Sweet Math
Challenges!!!) or takes part in - as you'll probably guess, his posts
are one of my favourite readings!
Cheers.
Giancarlo

From: GWB on
John H Meyers wrote:
> Someone recently posted this link,
> to a 99-step complete trig package for 12C:
> http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/DatafileVA003.pdf
> [r->] [OFF]

This is really an excellent program. A real masterpiece, it fits
exactly in the 12C programming memory. However, for the new 12C
Platinum I would suggest this program:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/articles.cgi?read=654

It was designed specifically for the 12C Platinum, which has four times
as much memory. The angle mode is degrees. It is even more accurate
than the original trig functions on the HP-10C, 11C and 15C. The input
ranges are good enough for all applications and the running times are
reasonable:

SIN, COS: 2.4 s
TAN: 4.7 s
ASIN, ACOS, ATAN: 2.5 s

SIN, COS, TAN: |x| < 1E12
ASIN, ACOS: |x| <= 1
ATAN: |x| <= 9.99999999E49

This is a somewhat biased opinion, though. :-)

Gerson.