From: Anthony Lisanti on

How Do I set up a Home Depot Credit Card in Quicken 2010? Can this
be done?
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Anthony.

I have one of those myself, although I seldom use it. I got it a couple of
years ago to take advantage of a one-year-no-interest deal on some flooring.
Most of the time I just use MasterCard everywhere I shop, rather than carry
around a full deck of credit cards.

Just set it up like a MasterCard or Visa or any other credit card.
Basically, just click Tools | Add Account, click Credit Card and Next. At
the next window, it asks for the "name of your bank", but you can check the
other box, "I do not want to enter my financial institution", then Next.
Put in "Home Depot" or whatever you choose. For "opening balance", the best
alternative is to enter zero and use the date just before your first
purchase on the card - unless you've had it for a while and want to start at
the current statement date with the current balance.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: Art McClinton on
Home Depot Credit card is now run by Citibank. They have dropped the
ability to automatically download their information. In the case of MS Money
I found I could download the QIF files and import them after making a minor
correction to the download (add the line saying it was a credit card). I
have not been able to set up Quicken to automatically connect to the site.
Also the QIF file does not do me any good as I have not figured out a way to
import a QIF file into Quicken 09 or 10. Thus I have notified HomeDepot that
I will no longer use their card until they fix their system. I have switch
to my MasterCard for purchases.

Thus do not try to link the card to anything and manually enter everything.

From: jslcr1 on
On Dec 13, 3:43 pm, Anthony Lisanti <ajlisa...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> How Do I set up a Home Depot Credit Card in Quicken 2010?   Can this
> be done?

Citi can connect either via Web or Direct connect.
Here is a link to Quickens FI search site and it will show that Citi
has a number of defferent accout access.
You have to figure out which is yours.

http://web.intuit.com/personal/quicken/results.cfm?type=basic&search=-c&qwid=qw1800&qmid=qm1600&qbid=qb1900&qbmid=qbm1800&qflmid=qflm0100

Make sure you can see your info via their web site.

https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_post_full_view/a95ZBe0sKr3OL_acfArQA8
https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_post_full_view/cS9RCi5E8r3Ob8acfArQA8?fullpage=qna&page=1

From: Oilcan on
Not all Citi cards can be downloaded into Quicken. My Home Depot card
was replaced by Citibank with a MasterCard that does not even offer
Online Access. I know as I contacted Customer Service and they said
that the series of Account Numbers for my MasterCard did not offer it at
that time - so I don't use the card and keep it filed away.

Oilcan

Posted At: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:43 AM
Posted To: alt.comp.software.financial.quicken
Conversation: Home Depot Credit Credit Card?
Subject: Re: Home Depot Credit Credit Card?

On Dec 13, 3:43�pm, Anthony Lisanti <ajlisa...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> How Do I set up a Home Depot Credit Card in Quicken 2010? � Can this
> be done?

Citi can connect either via Web or Direct connect.
Here is a link to Quickens FI search site and it will show that Citi
has a number of defferent accout access.
You have to figure out which is yours.

http://web.intuit.com/personal/quicken/results.cfm?type=basic&search=-c&
qwid=qw1800&qmid=qm1600&qbid=qb1900&qbmid=qbm1800&qflmid=qflm0100

Make sure you can see your info via their web site.

https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_post_full_view/a95ZBe0sKr3OL_acfArQA8
https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_post_full_view/cS9RCi5E8r3Ob8acfArQA8?f
ullpage=qna&page=1

 |  Next  |  Last