From: pjp on
Home network with usually 5/6 pc's connected (it varies by what kids home
:), all XP except one Vista..

All works fine except for two pc's running XP (one Home other Pro) that can
see each other but will not connect to a shared folder; in either direction.
Yet, 'Home' can print to 'Pro' shared printer.

Both pc's however will connect to any and all the others so as a workaround
have to copy thru a intermediary pc if want to transfer anything between
these two specific pcs.

All settings appear to be the same across all the pc's running XP.

Google led me to "irpstacksize" setting but when I increased (I believe
although entry didn't exist till I added it) that and rebooted my Avast
would/could not start?

From: Billns on
On 6/27/2010 4:39 PM, Ken1943 wrote:
> Not really much help, but don't add a Win 7 machine to the Mix !! You
> WILL go nuts.. I have a similar setup, all Win 7, bought Network Magic.
> Still haven't found what it changed that I didn't.. I suspect some
> obscure registry entry.
>
>> Home network with usually 5/6 pc's connected (it varies by what kids home
>> :), all XP except one Vista..
>>
>> All works fine except for two pc's running XP (one Home other Pro) that can
>> see each other but will not connect to a shared folder; in either direction.
>> Yet, 'Home' can print to 'Pro' shared printer.
>>
>> Both pc's however will connect to any and all the others so as a workaround
>> have to copy thru a intermediary pc if want to transfer anything between
>> these two specific pcs.
>>
>> All settings appear to be the same across all the pc's running XP.
>>
>> Google led me to "irpstacksize" setting but when I increased (I believe
>> although entry didn't exist till I added it) that and rebooted my Avast
>> would/could not start?
>>

> KenW

I can see the advantages of having all computers be Win 7 -- very easy
to set up Home Groups then.

However I have no problems with my network setup, which usually consists
of two XP and one Vista computers but will also include my Win 7 laptop
when I turn that machine on and my daughter's Vista laptop when she
visits us.

Bill