From: Richard R on
I have Office 2007 Enterprise installed at home in conjunction with my work.

After the latest round of Windows XP Home SP3 updates, when I try to start
Excel, I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You
may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I tried to "Repair" Microsoft Office through the control panel but it froze.
I then deleted and re-installed the entire Office 2007 Enterprise with the
original disk. I could then access Excel. But on subsequent reboots there
were additional Updates and the computer immediately returned to no access
for Excel. I can access Word and Powerpoint which are also in the package,
but no Excel.

After un-installing, and re-installing I was able to "repair" the install
with the original disc. But after the required reboot, the same blocked
access existed. I do not remember any updates, though.

After reading support issues, I did the Microsoft Rootkit Malware scan of
the whole disk and there were no problems.

I downloaded and ran the MS Office 2007 SP update, but the install said I
already had the lastest version.

I am running Lightspeed anti-virus.

How can I get access to Microsoft Excel in the Office 2007 package with
Windows XP Home and SP3?

Thank you.
From: thecreator on
Hi Richard,

If you work with partition images, restore the previous one. Do not
install Microsoft Add-in for Windows Live. I had problems similar to yours.
I had to go back, because it isn't listed in Add or Remove Programs.

If you want to continue after this because the group is closing, Email
me at thecreator1965 at verizon.net

--
thecreator