From: Pocket on
Firstly, I am a noob, so pardon my jargon and inexperience in Sharepoint 3.0. We upgraded recently from 2.0.

My home page (default.aspx) is a sub-site of our corp intranet and was created when we had v 2.0. My site (lets call it the project home page) is the home page of multiple sub-sites (the projects).

Here's my problem:
My project home site has a top link bar with a look+feel different then my sub-sites top link bar. Its not the them, but more the font size, links instead of tabs, and the left side has the Quick Launch instead of the 'View All Site Content' documents, lists, etc that I see in my sub-sites.

For one my project home site has no 'tabs'. They are simply links to the right of the standard sharepoint icon (people stick figues I guess) such as Home, and a Top Link Bar item I created called 'Project Site Settings' which link to the site settings. On the right side is a link to go 'Up to the Intranet'.

My problem is not that the site doesn't work, but rather the look and feel are not a more modern Sharepoint 3.0 look.

As a note:
- I am not admin on the whole sharepoint site, but can edit quite a bit on my home site(s). Out IT have greater privledges then I.
- I do not have Sharepoint Designer

Hope someone can point me in the right direction...as changing the Top Link bar settings does nothing.

A picture of the differences would help...but I can't see to get one on this conversation posting.

Enhancing the ASP.Net DataGrid control.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/29e10849-cacc-4600-bd6e-abfc945adc68/enhancing-the-aspnet-dat.aspx