From: Willem on
Same here, Win7 & Office 2007Enterprise, people are starting (well..) to
doubt my sanity with missing letters or entire words whenever an alert comes
in. The alert is a nice feature so I do not want to turn it off. All I can do
is reduce the pop up time to very short to reduce the amount of lost letters.

Microsoft, help?

From: Bob I on
Why not just have it play the sound and show the envelope in the
notification area instead? That way no interruption at all!