From: paolo patierno on
Hello,
is it possible to host a web service on compact framework 3.5 ?
I want to use WCF service but the class ServiceHost isn't present into
compact framework 3.5.

Thanks,
Paolo
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
The basic answer is no, not without components that don't come with the .NET
CF. I think that this was pretty clear from the documentation, but the tools
and code included with .NET CF are for WCF client creation.

Paul T.

From: paolo patierno on
Is there another way to hosting a web service on compact framework ?

Thanks,
Paolo

From: MarkusSchaber on
Hi, Paolo,

On 5 Jan., 08:11, paolo patierno
<paolopatie...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there another way to hosting a web service on compact framework ?

Of course, you can implement all the server side yourself, or it
_might_ work to grab the code from Mono/XSP or another alternative
server implementation.

But the compact framework is not only downscaled, but intentionally
crippled to make it useless for most serious usages, I can only
strongly advise try to switch to other alternatives if possible -
although I know that this is impossible in some cases.
From: Alberto Silva, MVP on
Hi Paolo,
There is some unsupported code on the web about hosting web services on
devices, but if you really need it, I would suggest you RemObjects, which
allows devices to host services which are made available with HTTP or TCP,
based on a shared data contract between the client and the server.

Hosting the service is only half of the problem, the other half regards to
addressability (important when client and server are not in the same private
network) and availability (if the device is on stand-by, there's no way to
reach it).

Alberto Silva

"paolo patierno" <paolopatierno(a)discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:667C1936-D280-45F1-B661-15C25EF5D5FD(a)microsoft.com...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4744 (20100105) __________

http://www.eset.com