From: What's in a Name? on
roberto wrote:
> Perhaps I didn't explain myself correct...im not planning to change my
> E-Mail Client....i even think, after i posted the message, i missunderstood
> the purpose of this group...Basically I'm worried for 2 things....how this
> could happen to the same site 3 times in less than 15 days..it has never
> happened to me ...but well, it doesn't matter my main question is: Will
> Yahoo consider my "hotpop" mails as spam or delete them because contain the
> virus mytob...??

HELLO- if you forward infected e-mails......??????
> Bigfoot.com is good....also despammed.com to "filter" those messages but
> maybe instead of change my E/Mail Client or use Bigfoot.com or despammed.com
> i should looking for another site offering an e mail account with POP and
> forwarding services? HotPOP looked good since 15 days ago....
>
> Robert

******Middle Posted for Maximum Confusion*************

Oh I understood correctly-you are concerned about getting infected.
My solution is simple-use a more secure e-mail client.
If you must use OE-
1. get a mailwashing program-benign is one that I found to work well.
2. get a spam filter-there are many out there....
3. set up AV to scan mail
4. get clamAV-it has a plug in for OE
5. set up OE to read in plain-text.
6. use restricted zone
7. don't allow any attackments to be saved.
I have more tips on my site.
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html
-max

From: roberto on
LOL David.... Who can tell what Yahoo will do.....I sent 2 messages to my
HotPOP account. In one of them i put the following word on the subject and
on the body message TEST. On the other message i put in the subject and on
the body something like this #@^%&*^%*&^$ and even a BAD WORD!!

The result was amazing!! Both message "passed throught" HotPOP but only one
"passed throught" Yahoo...and it was the second one!!!! with the $#%^^&%^%
and the BAD WORD!!

I can't beleive it!!

Robert
CUBA

> From: "roberto" <ralplavner(a)HotPOP.com>
>
> | Perhaps I didn't explain myself correct...im not planning to change my
> | E-Mail Client....i even think, after i posted the message, i
missunderstood
> | the purpose of this group...Basically I'm worried for 2 things....how
this
> | could happen to the same site 3 times in less than 15 days..it has never
> | happened to me ...but well, it doesn't matter my main question is: Will
> | Yahoo consider my "hotpop" mails as spam or delete them because contain
the
> | virus mytob...??
> |
> | Bigfoot.com is good....also despammed.com to "filter" those messages but
> | maybe instead of change my E/Mail Client or use Bigfoot.com or
despammed.com
> | i should looking for another site offering an e mail account with POP
and
> | forwarding services? HotPOP looked good since 15 days ago....
> |
> | Robert
>
> Who can tell what Yahoo will do. I do know that Yahoo email servers use
AV software.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "What's in a Name?" <spamthis(a)nomail.afraid.org>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
|
>> What is NTTP ? I ahven't heard of that protocol.
>>
| Me neither-lol NNTP-(need more praktice typin und spelin)
| --
| Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
| You can find my e-mail address on my pages.
| Registered Linux User #393236

That's correct. P-Mail does not support Network News Transport Protocol. It is purely an
email client. However, it is Netware compliant and if it is installed on a Netware Server
then you have a complete Intranet/Internet email system.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: roberto on
And only now....after almost 15 minutes i receive the other
message......!!!!!

Simply....no words

Robert

From: roberto on
Perhaps i should quit this....or maybe get a better lessons of English LOL

Im not worried about getting infected....i have not problem with this....im
concerning about this: HotPOP.com is afected by Mytob worm . Im receiving
some messages from support(a)hotpop.com webmaster(a)hotpop.com with the known
subjects YOUR PASSWORD HAS SUCESFULLY CHANGED...among others. I configured
my OE to acccess to this account on HotPOP using the POP services this site
offers...but now that i know the site is afected by mytob i "tried" to save
my messages and save me in some way ...in a future....changing the feature
of POP service for a FORWARDING Service. So, i used a yahoo account with POP
option i have on www.yahoo.com.mx as a filter. If Hotpop site is afected
then all the messages i receive THERE will be automatically infected??? So,
then Yahoo will delete my messages....

I think i will lost part of my e -mails.....trying to made the good
thing...