From: boe on
Hello,

I had the beta version and the hotmail connector worked fine. I'm
currently using 14.0.4763.1000 - the finally release posted yesterday on
technet - and it doesn't sync my hotmail accounts. The Connector it
installed is also version 14.0.4763.1000. I tried uninstalling and
resinstalling. I tried removing my hotmail account from outlook and setting
it up from scratch. I also tried rebooting. If anyone has a previous
version of Outlook connector beta please let me know - that works.

It is a shame MS started using Outlook Connector for hotmail. Hotmail
worked so much better before they started that nonsense.

From: VanguardLH on
boe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had the beta version and the hotmail connector worked fine. I'm
> currently using 14.0.4763.1000 - the finally release posted yesterday on
> technet - and it doesn't sync my hotmail accounts. The Connector it
> installed is also version 14.0.4763.1000. I tried uninstalling and
> resinstalling. I tried removing my hotmail account from outlook and setting
> it up from scratch. I also tried rebooting. If anyone has a previous
> version of Outlook connector beta please let me know - that works.
>
> It is a shame MS started using Outlook Connector for hotmail. Hotmail
> worked so much better before they started that nonsense.

Hotmail still works when using POP to access your mailbox (but only the
Inbox folder) without requiring any add-ons to any e-mail client that
supports POP.

Since Office 2010 is still in beta status, the add-on may not yet be fully
compatible with it. This newsgroup discusses the released versions.
Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
From: boe on
Thanks _ I believe 14.0.4763.1000 is the release version. It does actually
send and receive e-mail for my hotmail account but it does always report
0x80004005 "there is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please
verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on
the web. Error: 4203

From: VanguardLH on
boe wrote:

> Thanks _ I believe 14.0.4763.1000 is the release version.

But Office 2010 is NOT a *released* version.
From: boe on
I don't get it - sure seems like it was released since I got it direct from
MS - http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=2025