From: Don McKenzie on

Makes you want the NBN.

Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large
downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under
15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast
broadband.

Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's
fibre-to-the-home (FttH) trial network have spoken to iTnews about their
experiences.
--------------------------------

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: z1 on
On 19/07/2010 6:34 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:

> Makes you want the NBN.
>
> Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large
> downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under
> 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast
> broadband.
>
> Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's
> fibre-to-the-home (FttH) trial network have spoken to iTnews about their
> experiences.
> --------------------------------
>
> Cheers Don...

you have a link mate ?
From: Adrian Jansen on

Don McKenzie wrote:

> Makes you want the NBN.
>
> Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large
> downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under
> 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast
> broadband.
>
> Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's
> fibre-to-the-home (FttH) trial network have spoken to iTnews about their
> experiences.
> --------------------------------
>
> Cheers Don...

While I like the idea of fast comms, I do wonder whether its worth it to
deliver stuff like movies and other packaged consumer items. How much
does all the infrastructure cost, compared to the cost of posting a DVD
through snail-mail ?

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
From: Don McKenzie on
On 19/07/2010 8:37 AM, z1 wrote:
> On 19/07/2010 6:34 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Makes you want the NBN.
>>
>> Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large
>> downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under
>> 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast
>> broadband.
>>
>> Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's
>> fibre-to-the-home (FttH) trial network have spoken to iTnews about their
>> experiences.
>> --------------------------------

> you have a link mate ?

Sorry, yes a link would help somewhat:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/219996,revealed-how-100-mbps-broadband-will-rock-your-world.aspx

Cheers Don...

From: Rob on
On 19/07/2010 9:01 AM, Adrian Jansen wrote:

> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Makes you want the NBN.
>>
>> Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large
>> downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under
>> 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast
>> broadband.
>>
>> Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's
>> fibre-to-the-home (FttH) trial network have spoken to iTnews about
>> their experiences.
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>>

> While I like the idea of fast comms, I do wonder whether its worth it to
> deliver stuff like movies and other packaged consumer items. How much
> does all the infrastructure cost, compared to the cost of posting a DVD
> through snail-mail ?

Will all the movie downloads choke the speeds?