From: Joe788 on
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

"Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:

Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever seen in a CADCAM
system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever
seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
part that needs 4 vice operations to be complete. Esprit allows you to
save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically be
placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
flipped over. That’s all you need to do! Lets compare this to what
Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn’t have anything like
an .SIM file or any way to automate this process. You have to use STL
Transform to manually move your saved cut part STL file from your
first operation and then manually save it in the position you need it
to be in for your second operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL
files in Mastercam is an arduous process at best. The latter process
is so impractical and so labor intensive that in Mastercam no one has
the time to do accurate / real cut part simulation that shows what
actually is happening on the machine when it comes to something like a
multi-vise setup."

How does your CADCAM system handle real world simulation tasks like
those that have been described above?
From: Joe788 on
[...]

a .SIM file or any way to automate this process. You have to use STL

From: Zymrgy on
On Dec 7, 7:12 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/
>
> "Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:
>
> Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
> MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever seen in a CADCAM
> system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
> integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever
> seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
> part that needs 4 vice operations to be complete. Esprit allows you to
> save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically be
> placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
> second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
> operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
> flipped over. That’s all you need to do!  Lets compare this to what
> Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn’t have anything like
> a .SIM file or any way to automate this process. You have to use STL
> Transform to manually move your saved cut part STL file from your
> first operation and then manually save it in the position you need it
> to be in for your second operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL
> files in Mastercam is an arduous process at best. The latter process
> is so impractical and so labor intensive that in Mastercam no one has
> the time to do accurate / real cut part simulation that shows what
> actually is happening on the machine when it comes to something like a
> multi-vise setup."
>
> How does your CADCAM system handle real world simulation tasks like
> those that have been described above?

Copy & paste to your hearts content Yoni...still it does not make it
true. The only time you have to transform an .stl in mastercam is when
you are going from a lathe operation to a mill op...and even then this
is true only if you need to work off a system WCS. why bother to
redefine the stock with each vise setup when you can just use one and
use your WCS properly to control the rest of the setups?
From: Cliff on
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:36:10 -0800 (PST), Zymrgy <zymrgy(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 7, 7:12�pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/
>>
>> "Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:
>>
>> Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
>> MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I�ve ever seen in a CADCAM
>> system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
>> integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I�ve ever
>> seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
>> part that needs 4 vice operations to be complete. Esprit allows you to
>> save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically be
>> placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
>> second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
>> operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
>> flipped over. That�s all you need to do! �Lets compare this to what
>> Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn�t have anything like
>> a .SIM file or any way to automate this process. You have to use STL
>> Transform to manually move your saved cut part STL file from your
>> first operation and then manually save it in the position you need it
>> to be in for your second operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL
>> files in Mastercam is an arduous process at best. The latter process
>> is so impractical and so labor intensive that in Mastercam no one has
>> the time to do accurate / real cut part simulation that shows what
>> actually is happening on the machine when it comes to something like a
>> multi-vise setup."
>>
>> How does your CADCAM system handle real world simulation tasks like
>> those that have been described above?
>
>Copy & paste to your hearts content Yoni...still it does not make it
>true. The only time you have to transform an .stl in mastercam is when
>you are going from a lathe operation to a mill op...and even then this
>is true only if you need to work off a system WCS. why bother to
>redefine the stock with each vise setup when you can just use one and
>use your WCS properly to control the rest of the setups?

He has no clues how to use even the basics of MasterCAM
or anything else & it shows all the time.
He's just too dumb to know it.
That sort of takes the cake for stupid.
--
Cliff
From: Joe788 on
On Dec 7, 6:36 pm, Zymrgy <zym...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 7, 7:12 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/
>
> > "Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:
>
> > Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
> > MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever seen in a CADCAM
> > system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
> > integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever
> > seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
> > part that needs 4 vice operations to be complete. Esprit allows you to
> > save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically be
> > placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
> > second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
> > operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
> > flipped over. That’s all you need to do!  Lets compare this to what
> > Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn’t have anything like
> > a .SIM file or any way to automate this process. You have to use STL
> > Transform to manually move your saved cut part STL file from your
> > first operation and then manually save it in the position you need it
> > to be in for your second operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL
> > files in Mastercam is an arduous process at best. The latter process
> > is so impractical and so labor intensive that in Mastercam no one has
> > the time to do accurate / real cut part simulation that shows what
> > actually is happening on the machine when it comes to something like a
> > multi-vise setup."
>
> > How does your CADCAM system handle real world simulation tasks like
> > those that have been described above?
>
> Copy & paste to your hearts content Yoni...still it does not make it
> true. The only time you have to transform an .stl in mastercam is when
> you are going from a lathe operation to a mill op...and even then this
> is true only if you need to work off a system WCS. why bother to
> redefine the stock with each vise setup when you can just use one and
> use your WCS properly to control the rest of the setups?

Shhhhhhhh! You weren't supposed to tell Jon that he's doing it
completely wrong, *again*. Every time Jon's ignorance and
incompetence reaches new heights, he finds a way push that bar up to
the next notch.

Mask on arc, chaining, open pocketing, drilling holes, and now
verification. Jon has struggled with key aspects of all of them. Since
that pretty much covers every facet of Mastercam, where can he go from
here?