From: IYM "S U N on

I've been working on drawings since the mid 1980's and I haven't come
across this one yet...

Anyone ever see a call out on a print like the one below? This print is
from the '60 and it points to a few surfaces and a bore. I'm thinking
it might be some kind of burr call-out? The mating part calls out the
same symbol on the mating shaft and face. All the same surfaces
indicated by this also have the normal 32 surface finish call out, so
it's not that.

___B___ ___15___
/ \/\/
/
| /
|/__

I tried searching the web, but came up short...any ideas?

Thanks

IYM
From: Cliff on
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:57:54 -0500, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:

>I've been working on drawings since the mid 1980's and I haven't come
>across this one yet...
>
>Anyone ever see a call out on a print like the one below? This print is
>from the '60 and it points to a few surfaces and a bore. I'm thinking
>it might be some kind of burr call-out? The mating part calls out the
>same symbol on the mating shaft and face. All the same surfaces
>indicated by this also have the normal 32 surface finish call out, so
>it's not that.
>

> ___B___ ___15___
> / \/\/
> /
>| /
>|/__
>
>I tried searching the web, but came up short...any ideas?
>
>Thanks
>
>IYM

Anybody?
--
Cliff
From: IYM "S U N on
Cliff wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:57:54 -0500, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I've been working on drawings since the mid 1980's and I haven't come
>> across this one yet...
>>
>> Anyone ever see a call out on a print like the one below? This print is
>>from the '60 and it points to a few surfaces and a bore. I'm thinking
>> it might be some kind of burr call-out? The mating part calls out the
>> same symbol on the mating shaft and face. All the same surfaces
>> indicated by this also have the normal 32 surface finish call out, so
>> it's not that.
>>

>> ___B___ ___15___
>> / \/\/
>> /
>> | /
>> |/__
>>
>> I tried searching the web, but came up short...any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> IYM
>
> Anybody?

I have a call in to the customer...It may be some internal spec used by
them back then...

I'll post when I find out...5 engineers here never saw it before and the
VP of Quality Control who was working here before I was born, and that's
sharper than most 25 year olds has never seen it either. I feel beter
knowing at least it's not me! lol
From: Kirk Gordon on
Cliff wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:57:54 -0500, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>I've been working on drawings since the mid 1980's and I haven't come
>>across this one yet...
>>
>>Anyone ever see a call out on a print like the one below? This print is
>
>>from the '60 and it points to a few surfaces and a bore. I'm thinking
>
>>it might be some kind of burr call-out? The mating part calls out the
>>same symbol on the mating shaft and face. All the same surfaces
>>indicated by this also have the normal 32 surface finish call out, so
>>it's not that.
>>

>> ___B___ ___15___
>> / \/\/
>> /
>>| /
>>|/__
>>
>>I tried searching the web, but came up short...any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>IYM
>

> Anybody?

I don't recognize it the way it shows up in text-only; but given the
age and content, I'd guess it's calling for a .015 corner or corner break.

KG

From: Cliff on