From: Peter Gonzalez on
Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to add the values of cells based on the
color of font. And while doing this I also need it to do it based on the date
in another cell.

Example: Sheet 1
Qty Date
Cell A1 288 (blue) Cell B1 4/13/2010
Cell A2 190 (red) Cell B2 4/13/2010
Cell A3 400 (blue) Cell B3 4/13/2010
" " 350 (red) " " 4/13/2010
" " 540 (blue) " " 4/12/2010
" " 175 (red) " " 4/12/2010
" " 225 (blue) " " 4/12/2010
" " 180 (red) " " 4/12/2010

My result should look like this if possible: Sheet 2
Column A Column B
4/12/2010 Total 765 (blue)
4/13/2010 Total 688 (blue)

Same Sheet 2 example with the (red) font

Your help is appreciated
Thanks,
Peter
From: Bernard Liengme on
That is going to require VBA unless you can give formula that predicts what
number range gets what colour.
See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx
best wishes