From: AA2e72E on
.... programatically using C#?

Thanks.
From: Peter Duniho on
AA2e72E wrote:
> .... programatically using C#?

There's nothing in .NET that does this. AFAIK, you have to look at the
registry and what's actually installed on the disk.
From: Matt on
On Jun 3, 9:25 am, Peter Duniho <NpOeStPe...(a)NnOwSlPiAnMk.com> wrote:
> AA2e72E wrote:
> > .... programatically using C#?
>
> There's nothing in .NET that does this.  AFAIK, you have to look at the
> registry and what's actually installed on the disk.

There's a fairly good chunk of code that does that here:

http://blog.lowesoftware.com/code/detecting-installed-microsoft-net-framework-clr-version-information

Matt
From: AA2e72E on
Thanks Matt ... looks very hopeful (I haven't tried it yet).

I was able to establish the version in use with

System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeEnvironment.GetSystemVersion();

which corresponds (I think) with the article's

System.Environment.Version.ToString();

If C# 4.0 is able to target multiple frameworks, I expected to be able to
establish the installed versions more ... readily perhaps (?).
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 03-06-2010 05:43, AA2e72E wrote:
> ... programatically using C#?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/199080/how-to-detect-what-net-framework-versions-and-service-packs-are-installed