From: Nightsky on
Ie8 plays mp3 files with Quicktime. How can I install my preferred add-on
such as Winamp or WMP?

From: Raoul Watson on
Nightsky wrote:
> Ie8 plays mp3 files with Quicktime. How can I install my preferred add-on
> such as Winamp or WMP?

Depends on your preference and sound file. If you browse the net,
sometimes you will find video or audio requiring QuickTime. You can of
course uninstall QUicktime and it will probably default to WIndows Media
Player. Of course WMP may not be able to play certain QUicktime movies
without the proper codec.
From: Nightsky on

"Raoul Watson" <WatsonR(a)IntelligenCIA.com> wrote in message
Nightsky wrote:
> Ie8 plays mp3 files with Quicktime. How can I install my preferred add-on
> such as Winamp or WMP?

Depends on your preference and sound file. If you browse the net,
sometimes you will find video or audio requiring QuickTime. You can of
course uninstall QUicktime and it will probably default to WIndows Media
Player. Of course WMP may not be able to play certain QUicktime movies
without the proper codec.

My browser plays all audio files in Quicktime. I would like to use winamp,
but I can't figure out how to delete the Quicktime add-on and replace it
with winamp. Is that possible?
Nightsky

From: Greegor on
After AOL bought Winamp, I heard it was turned
into a platform for spyware or advertising.

Did AOL let Winamp go back to being clean?

Did they put flash video playing into current Winamp?

Video playlists would be nice for flash videos.
From: Nil on
On 28 Jul 2010, Greegor <greegor47(a)gmail.com> wrote in alt.windows-xp:

> After AOL bought Winamp, I heard it was turned
> into a platform for spyware or advertising.

I don't believe that's true.

> Did AOL let Winamp go back to being clean?

I don't think it was ever "unclean". They did cease developing Winamp 3
and used ver. 2 as the basis for the current version 5.