From: Jason Symes on
Hi all. I just joined, and I hope some of you guys can help me with a
problem I'm having. I have a Asus M3A78-CM mb with VIA onboard audio
in a Antec Sonata III case. When I built this machine last year, I
immediately noticed a soft whistely sound coming from the front
headphone jack. However, neither the same pair of headphones nor my
5.1 speakers make any whistle sounds when connected to the back audio
jacks. I've Googled this problem over and over to see if others have
had similar problems with either the same mb or the case's front jack,
but I've come up empty. Anybody got any ideas as to what might be
causing this and how to solve it? Thanks much.
From: sandy58 on

From: sandy58 on
On Jun 27, 8:14 am, Jason Symes <jsy...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I just joined, and I hope some of you guys can help me with a
> problem I'm having. I have a Asus M3A78-CM mb with VIA onboard audio
> in a Antec Sonata III case. When I built this machine last year, I
> immediately noticed a soft whistely sound coming from the front
> headphone jack. However, neither the same pair of headphones nor my
> 5.1 speakers make any whistle sounds when connected to the back audio
> jacks. I've Googled this problem over and over to see if others have
> had similar problems with either the same mb or the case's front jack,
> but I've come up empty. Anybody got any ideas as to what might be
> causing this and how to solve it? Thanks much.

There was a similar post about this. The general outcome was: Some
(lots) of manufacturers were
skimping on the front end wiring of the boxes ie: USB connections with
bum wiring (USB 1 only), sound outlets etc.