From: Levlg on
I have a home network of 4 computers - 2 WinXP, Vista, Win7. The network
works normally. I can easily look in a sharing folder of another computer by
my Total Commander. But I made a bootable BartPE CD. After booting from the
CD I can get online and browse any sites around the world, but I cannot look
in a nearby computer folder! Every time I get the following message.

"Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use... "

How do I fix this problem?

Thank you

Lev

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If TC does it well then it is Not a Windows Network problem.
Try the support web site of your 3rd party application.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: [SMF] on
On 3/16/2010 9:15 PM, Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:
> Hi
> If TC does it well then it is Not a Windows Network problem.
> Try the support web site of your 3rd party application.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Levlg" <levlg(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>> I have a home network of 4 computers - 2 WinXP, Vista, Win7. The
>> network works normally. I can easily look in a sharing folder of
>> another computer by my Total Commander. But I made a bootable BartPE
>> CD. After booting from the CD I can get online and browse any sites
>> around the world, but I cannot look in a nearby computer folder! Every
>> time I get the following message.
>>
>> "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use... "
>>
>> How do I fix this problem?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Lev

Isn't this a user issue? Is there a way to use the boot disk and
have it acquire the proper user/workgroup settings, rather than
dumb the network down?
From: Anonamoose on
If you boot from the Bart CD are you not an unknown computer as far as the
other machines on the network are concerned?
Can the other computers on the machine see files on the computer booted from
the CD?

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
It depends on the guy thta programmed the interface on the BartPE.
For the purposes that the BartPE Boot was designed it does not need full
blown Network capacity.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).