From: Nate on
I'm trying to share a drive so that other computers in my network have
access to it. I'm using XP Pro and went to Sharing on the drive, then
clicked on New Share, and entered a share name. The problem is that
that this computer is on a domain and a different workgroup than the
rest of my XP computers.

Is it still possible to map a drive to that machine or does it have to
be on the same workgroup as all the rest of my computers? Thanks.

From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
If all computers are in the same subnet, you can share them even they are no
in the same domain or workgroup. in the shared computer run net share
command and in the remote computer run net view \\sharedcomputeripaddress.
can you see the shared folders?

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

From: Nate on
Bob,
I've tried that already. When I went to do a "net share <share
name>", an error came up saying it already existed.

I also tried: "net view \\192.168.0.105" (the address of the
computer that I'm trying to access) on a remote PC, but I get an error:

"System error 1311 has occurred.

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request."

Any other ideas? If I try to do "net view \\192.168.0.105" on the host
PC itself, I get this error:

"System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied"