From: JB on
99% of the time I open Project, I want to open an existing project, not start
a new one. Because we're using project server, I don't even know where the
files are, so I can't open them directly. I access them through
File/Open/Retrieve from Project Server.

So how can I prevent Project from starting a New file when starting (forcing
me to close/discard changes everytime)?
From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
JB --

Since you didn't specify a version, I will assume you are using Microsoft
Project 2007. Do the following:

1. Click Tools - Options - General.
2. Select the "Open last file on startup" option.
3. Click the OK button.

The above steps are you only other option, which is to automatically open
the last file you saved and closed in your previous session with Microsoft
Project. Otherwise, you live with the new blank file every time you launch
the software. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services