From: Mike Painter on
mls via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Thank you Stuart.
> Can I ask you one more question?
>
> Suppose my var1 has
> 1) value "Document Name: 12-12-2009 Test Panel" and I need to read
> values after colon: how can I do that.
> 2) Same way I need to read values after colon in my 3rd row "User:
> image4"

Instr will find the colon and Mid will return the value.
YourVar = "Document Name: 12-12-2009 Test Panel"

Mid (YourVar,Instr(YourVar,":")+1 )

The Split function is another way. It has a lot of advantages but can't be
used without a function built around it.

Mid can be used in queries as it stands.

From: mls via AccessMonster.com on
can you help me run this code? i.e how can I check the value of testvar

Sub test()
Dim testvar As String

var1 = "Document Name: 12-12-2009 Test Panel"

testvar = Mid(var1, InStr(var1, ":") + 1)

End Sub

Also if my field one has the value = A10,5770,test1,Undetermined, how can I
put them into different fields..

well=A10
sample=5770
dectect=test1
value=Undetermined

These might look silly but I am learning VBA so..

From: mls via AccessMonster.com on
With advance options I could see that my csv file imported exactly the way I
wanted.
I saved the specifications but how can I open later to see the code.

From: Mike Painter on

"mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943(a)uwe> wrote in message
> can you help me run this code? i.e how can I check the value of testvar
>
> Sub test()
> Dim testvar As String
>
> var1 = "Document Name: 12-12-2009 Test Panel"
>
> testvar = Mid(var1, InStr(var1, ":") + 1)

msgbox textvar

or
You can open an immediate window and use debug.print or

> End Sub
>
> Also if my field one has the value = A10,5770,test1,Undetermined, how can
> put them into different fields..
>
> well=A10
> sample=5770
> dectect=test1
> value=Undetermined
>
> These might look silly but I am learning VBA so..

You can use Mid for all of these but I would use
Split

Dim WellInfo() as string
WellInfo = Split(YourWellField, ",")

at this point
wellInfo(0)= "A10"
WellInfo(1)="5770"
WellInfo(2)="test1"
WellInfo(3)="Undetermined"

so

With SomeTable
.well = wellInfo(0)
.sample =WellInfo(1)
.detect = wellinfo(2)
.YourValue = WellInfo(3)
end with

From: Mike Painter on

> With advance options I could see that my csv file imported exactly the way
> wanted.
> I saved the specifications but how can I open later to see the code.

Open another import window, go to advanced, and select the name you saved.