From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:13:29 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943(a)uwe>
wrote:

>John, This is not just dumping. I have read .csv file and transpose i.e
>crosstab and apply some filters. Is it possible to get\create rowid atleast
>in Access?

One way would be to create a local table with an Autonumber ID field; use
File... Get External Data... Link or the TransferText VBA method to link to
the .csv file, and then run an Append query to append the data to the table
with the autonumber. The autonumber will then increment, and you can use its
value with your TOP 10 to extract subsets of the records.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]