From: WebColin70 on
Our users received a notice from Exchange that delivery of their messages
was delayed. It turned out this was because our ISP's SMTP relay host was
down. However when Exchange first started telling users, 4 hours after they
tried to send, that their message was delayed, I immediately wanted to check
and look at the messages pending in the Exchange outgoing SMTP queue. That's
when I realized I didn't know how to do this.

In Lotus Domino, there is a file called mail.box that holds all outgoing
messages until they are processed. There are also dashboard gauges that show
# of pending messages, CPU usage, busiest times of day, etc.

Is there an equivalent in MS Exchange 2007, especially for seeing pending
messages or if there are any pending messages? (Running on MS SBS 2008, 64
bit, but I don't think that changes how this would be accessed in Exchange.)

All I see in the Exchange console are settings for how to process messages
and mailbox settings. I don't see any diagnostics or performance gauges. Am
I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
Colin

From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on

"WebColin70" <WebColin70XXXNoSpamXXX(a)live.com> wrote in message
> Our users received a notice from Exchange that delivery of their messages
> was delayed. It turned out this was because our ISP's SMTP relay host was
> down. However when Exchange first started telling users, 4 hours after
> they tried to send, that their message was delayed, I immediately wanted
> to check and look at the messages pending in the Exchange outgoing SMTP
> queue. That's when I realized I didn't know how to do this.
>
> In Lotus Domino, there is a file called mail.box that holds all outgoing
> messages until they are processed. There are also dashboard gauges that
> show # of pending messages, CPU usage, busiest times of day, etc.
>
> Is there an equivalent in MS Exchange 2007, especially for seeing pending
> messages or if there are any pending messages? (Running on MS SBS 2008, 64
> bit, but I don't think that changes how this would be accessed in
> Exchange.)
>
> All I see in the Exchange console are settings for how to process messages
> and mailbox settings. I don't see any diagnostics or performance gauges.
> Am I just looking in the wrong place?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

There's the Queue Viewer in the Toolbox.

Lee.

--

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m

Pages: 1
Prev: Problem with OAB