From: vas on

Hi
when i enter an item the stock should be reduced by the quantity and whn i
enter the same item quantity again then stock should be reduced from the
remaining quantity. how will i do that...eg item a is entered twice 1st 12
quantity, so the stock should be 2 and i entered a again in the last
1quantity. so the remaining stock should be 1

Date Item Qty
1-Jan a 12
4-Mar b 13
4-May c 14
7-Sep d 15
8-Mar e 16
9-Aug f 17
12-Dec g 17

Item Stock
a 14
b 15
c 16
d 17
e 18
f 19
g 19

Waiting for the suggestions. we cannot use the more than 7 nested loops. So
how will we solve this.
From: teylyn on

Hi,

you could combine the starting balance of Item Stock with a SUMIF()
formula. For example, if Item a has a starting stock of 14, put this
formula in the Stock sheet for Item a:

=14-(SUMIF(Data!$B$2:$B$100,"a",Data!$C$2:$C$100)

where column B is the Item and column C is the turnover on the Data
sheet.

hth

teylyn

--