From: ordnance1 on
I want to sort a range of protected (locked) cells. When I set the
protection for the cells I clicked on the Sort option, but my cells still
will not sort. What is the point to the Sort option in the Protect Sheet
dialogbox?

From: ryguy7272 on
Unprotect sheet, sort, re-protect:
http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002458_Sorting_Data_on_Protected_Worksheets.html
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5234546.html

--
Ryan---

From: ordnance1 on
I know. And that is what I did, but my question is what is the purpose of
the Sort option on the Protect Sheet dialogbox?

From: Gord Dibben on
The purpose is...........It allows you to sort a range of contiguous
unlocked cells on a sheet.

Unlock A1:F30

Protect sheet with allow sort enabled.

Select A1:F30 or any range with A1:F30 and you can sort that range

Select A1:G30 or A1:D31 and be denied.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:04:14 -0800, "ordnance1" <ordnance1(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>I know. And that is what I did, but my question is what is the purpose of
>the Sort option on the Protect Sheet dialogbox?
>
>"ryguy7272" <ryguy7272(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Unprotect sheet, sort, re-protect:
>> http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002458_Sorting_Data_on_Protected_Worksheets.html
>> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5234546.html
>>

>> --
>> Ryan---
>> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.
>>

>> "ordnance1" wrote:
>>
>>> I want to sort a range of protected (locked) cells. When I set the
>>> protection for the cells I clicked on the Sort option, but my cells still
>>> will not sort. What is the point to the Sort option in the Protect Sheet
>>> dialogbox?
>>>
>>> .

Pages: 1
Prev: V-lookup and Countif