From: Saga on
I agree with Scott. Name your service's executable something cryptic
that won't be obvious and tell the user that it is your program. The
service runs on boot up and will be running even if the user is logged
out.

Catching Ctrl Alt Del, may not be effective. To stop a process in Task
Manager you can right click the task bar and select Task Manager, no
need for Ctrl Alt Del. If you need to, control user actions through
privileges
and policy. That will define what the user can and can't do.

User should have his/her own Windows account with the appropriate
privileges set. A separate account with local admin privileges should be
used to install and modify settings, but user should not have access to it.

I think we are assuming tat you are developing this app using some .NET
language. If this app already exists and is a normal application, then
running it as a service might be more complicated and perhaps impossible.

If these measures are not enough, describe in better detail how you wish
to control your user and what app it is you are talking about. Regards, Saga

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 2/2/2010 7:40 AM, bing88 wrote:
> It mayb a bad design idea but I have to solve this problem also. So
> please give some constructive suggestion~ :)
>

> Scott M.;1223536 Wrote:
>> So you want to make a security program that disables the first piece of
>> security the user encounters? Bad design idea.
>>
>> -Scott

Just take the computer away from the kids!

--
Mike
From: Saga on
<snipped>

> Just take the computer away from the kids!

That, of course, is the ideal solution, but somehow I don't think that is an
option for the OP <g>. Saga