From: Crockett on
I have a system that has Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007 SP2 and WDS 4.0.
For some reason the function of searching while typing when using the
search to start is to click in the magnifing glass. I have not tried to do a
repair of Office or reinstalling WDS 4 as I thought there might be a quick
fix such as a setting in Outlook or WDS but I cannot find one.
From: PvdG42 on

"Crockett" <Crockett(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a system that has Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007 SP2 and WDS 4.0.
> For some reason the function of searching while typing when using the
> search to start is to click in the magnifing glass. I have not tried to
> do a
> repair of Office or reinstalling WDS 4 as I thought there might be a quick
> fix such as a setting in Outlook or WDS but I cannot find one.

Try asking in an Outlook discussion group. This group is for .NET Framework
issues. Here's how to find the group you need:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Office and Desktop
Applications. In the Office and Desktop Applications
subcategory, find and open the Outlook subcategory. Find a group there for
your question.