From: Bustermom on
I have a computer with Windows XP Media Center. My hard drive crashed & I
had it replaced. But MyDVD Plus was not on the new hard drive. I have made
movies with Windows Movie Maker and burned them to DVDs successfully with
MyDVD Plus. I have NeroVision software and Pinnacle DVD software (can't
remember the name and can't find it right now). But I can't seem to burn a
DVD with either of them. Does the MSWMM file need to be converted to some
other file to burn the DVD? If so, to which file and can I burn the DVD with
NeroVision (or the Pinnacle software)?

OR -- Can I download MyDVD for free from Windows since I had it when I
bought the computer?

Thank you very much.
From: John Inzer on
Bustermom wrote:
> I have a computer with Windows XP Media Center. My hard drive
> crashed & I had it replaced. But MyDVD Plus was not on the new hard
> drive. I have made movies with Windows Movie Maker and burned them
> to DVDs successfully with MyDVD Plus. I have NeroVision software and
> Pinnacle DVD software (can't remember the name and can't find it
> right now). But I can't seem to burn a DVD with either of them.
> Does the MSWMM file need to be converted to some other file to burn
> the DVD? If so, to which file and can I burn the DVD with NeroVision
> (or the Pinnacle software)?
>
> OR -- Can I download MyDVD for free from Windows since I had it when I
> bought the computer?
>
> Thank you very much.
====================================
MyDVD must have been included in an OEM
software package from your computer manufacturer...
not from Microsoft.

If you had a restore CD you could have reinstalled
XP from it and you would have what is known as
OOBE (out of box experience).

The .mswmm file is the Movie Maker project file...
only useful in Movie Maker for re-editing purposes.

If you wish to use DVD Authoring software...save
your project in the .wmv or .avi movie format...

To save as a .wmv movie file...
Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
Choose...My Computer /
Next /
Enter a Name and a Save Location /
Next /
Tick...'Best Quality For My Computer'
Next/
Wait while the movie is saved /
Finish...

To save as an .avi movie file...
(and several other options)
Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
Choose...My Computer /
Next /
Enter a Name and a Save Location /
Next /
Show More Choices /
Other Settings /
Open the drop window and choose...DV-AVI /

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Hot-text on
HP Windows XP Media Center CD
come with NERO
look in your Start <<< Programs for Nero

http://www.deepburner.com/index.php?r=download

From: Bill Rankin on
I am not sure I understand your question but I will tell you what I do with
WMM and Nero Vision 9.

I capture all my videos using WMM to a AVI file. Then I edit the captured
video with Nero Vision (Chapter 6 in Manual). As you probably know, this
does not change the AVI but creates a .nvc Project file. The .nvc file is
basically the instructions to convert the clips (AVI files) to a Movie. I
use that .nvc file to burn the DVD (Chapter 10 in Manual). Nero
instructions on how to do all of this are in the fairly well written manual.

As for My DVD, I thought Roxio had discontinued it but there is a Version 10
available on their web site. I have edited and created videos using the
latest Roxio Creator software and it works just like Nero, I like Nero but
it is just a personal preference. Both are good. I used Bing to search for
MDVD Plus and there is a lot of info available, apparently you are not the
only one with problems.

Good luck,
Bill

From: Bustermom on
I got the file saved as a .wmv file, but I still can't get Nero to make a
DVD. I've tried many different ways.