From: Randal L. Schwartz on

John> They can of course find them by contacting their provider etc.

And that is the only real way to know.

<merlyn(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
From: Shmuel Metz on
In <ugs9v5da85geiklfuah7b1miepdq3u0b9n(a)4ax.com>, on 05/20/2010
at 11:56 AM, John <John.Smith(a)invalid.com> said:

>I sometimes get request to do some small perl problem on a www page
>but the owner does not know if their www has perl.

They don't own the WWW; all that they own is their web server.

You not only need to know whether they have Perl, but which and where.
Have the owner contact whoever installed his software and ask.

reply to spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org