From: Marsha M Marsha on
I have used this formula in the past and have been able to then sort on
column C and it would but the number (matches) at the top followed by the
#N/As. Is there a way to eliminate the "sort on" criteria or do this in
another way?

thank you,
Marsha M

From: Paul on

You could just use Conditional Formatting for this, rather than a whole
column of formulas.

Excel 2007 instructions:
Select A1:A194 and click Conditional Formatting -> New Rule...
Select 'Use a formula....'
Type the following formula: =ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$150,0))
Select a format (fill/font color, etc.)
Click OK a few times to return to the sheet.

Any values in column A that don't appear in column B will now be
highlighted.

--
Paul
Paul's Profile: 1697