From: BrianAlex on
I get E-mails with attachments that need Power Point or VLC etc. to
open them. I have been sending these to My Docs and opening them from
there. No biggie,but I was wondering if there is an easy way to
somehow just open them from Outlook. When I try I get a message
somrthing like; " This file does not have a program associated with it
for performing this action.Create an association in the Folder Options
control panel."
In my semi newbie-ness, I can't figure this out. Thanks! BA
From: Raoul Watson on
BrianAlex wrote:
> I get E-mails with attachments that need Power Point or VLC etc. to
> open them. I have been sending these to My Docs and opening them from
> there. No biggie,but I was wondering if there is an easy way to
> somehow just open them from Outlook. When I try I get a message
> somrthing like; " This file does not have a program associated with it
> for performing this action.Create an association in the Folder Options
> control panel."
> In my semi newbie-ness, I can't figure this out. Thanks! BA

Using Windows Explorer, find on your hard drive a file of your interest
(such as a power point file). Hold the shift key and right-mouse click
on the file. Select "Open With" and pick the program to run. Place a
checkmark in the box "Always use te selected program to open this kind
of file."

Hopefully the system will remember the next time you click "open" from
your email.
From: BrianAlex on
Thanks Raoul.
That worked for VLC media player,which is a big improvement,but the
power point doesn't seen to work from Outlook Express,(after I check
"remember.." when opening a file from my Docs).
Like I said,no biggie but just like to get thinks right. BA