From: Terre on
I cannot send or receive e-mail. I have contacted my ISP and their
diagnostics show that all the settings are correct, and they have told me
that I need to contact Microsoft Help as my problem is an Outlook 2003
problem.

I receive an error that states the operation has timed out-waiting for a
response from the sending server. I also get a very similar error regarding
the receiving server.

Please advise.
From: Roady [MVP] on
Are you using a virusscanner that integrates with Outlook? Disable this
integration and try again. See the documentation of your virusscanner on how
to disable the integration properly.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----

From: Brian Tillman on
Terre <Terre(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I cannot send or receive e-mail. I have contacted my ISP and their
> diagnostics show that all the settings are correct, and they have
> told me that I need to contact Microsoft Help as my problem is an
> Outlook 2003 problem.

0x800421B is not a valid error. You've left out a digit. Did you mean,
perhaps, 0x8004210B?

http://www.google.com/search?q=0x8004210B
--
Brian Tillman