From: GS on
I would like to know if there's a way to force a path string to display full
text instead of the truncated version that uses the tilde character.

i.e.:
force "C:\Progr~1\My Appli~1\"
to display as
"C:\Program Files\My Application\"

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Garry
From: C. Kevin Provance on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I would like to know if there's a way to force a path string to display
full
| text instead of the truncated version that uses the tilde character.
|
| i.e.:
| force "C:\Progr~1\My Appli~1\"
| to display as
| "C:\Program Files\My Application\"

This is kind of old school

Public Function GetLongFilename(ByVal sShortName As String) As String

Dim sLongName As String
Dim sTemp As String
Dim iSlashPos As Long

sShortName = Replace(sShortName, """", vbNullString, 1)
sShortName = sShortName & "\"

iSlashPos = InStr(4, sShortName, "\")

While iSlashPos
sTemp = Dir(Left$(sShortName, iSlashPos - 1), vbNormal + vbHidden +
vbSystem + vbDirectory)
If sTemp = vbNullString Then
GetLongFilename = vbNullString
Exit Function
End If
sLongName = sLongName & "\" & sTemp
iSlashPos = InStr(iSlashPos + 1, sShortName, "\")
Wend

GetLongFilename = Left$(sShortName, 2) & sLongName

End Function

From: Bob Butler on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if there's a way to force a path string to display
>full
> text instead of the truncated version that uses the tilde character.
>
> i.e.:
> force "C:\Progr~1\My Appli~1\"
> to display as
> "C:\Program Files\My Application\"

If you don't need to support Win9x
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364980(VS.85).aspx

From: Nobody on
"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if there's a way to force a path string to display
>full
> text instead of the truncated version that uses the tilde character.
>
> i.e.:
> force "C:\Progr~1\My Appli~1\"
> to display as
> "C:\Program Files\My Application\"

What control are you using?

From: Larry Serflaten on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I would like to know if there's a way to force a path string to display full
> text instead of the truncated version that uses the tilde character.

Start here:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1133

LFS

 |  Next  |  Last