From: Lasher on
How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
into Word it's not pasting anything.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
work?

From: Pen on
On 2/9/2010 2:47 PM, Lasher wrote:
> How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
> between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
> into Word it's not pasting anything.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
> work?

Are you using "shift+printscreen"?
From: Lasher on
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:04:15 -0500, Pen <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote:

>On 2/9/2010 2:47 PM, Lasher wrote:
>> How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
>> between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
>> into Word it's not pasting anything.
>>
>> Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
>> work?
>>

>Are you using "shift+printscreen"?

Thanks! I dont understand it but that made it work.

From: Jeff Strickland on
ALT+PrntScrn will capture the top layer and put it on the Clipboard, where
you can then paste it into a Word document, or many other places that might
interest you.

From: Jeff Strickland on

> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:04:15 -0500, Pen <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>On 2/9/2010 2:47 PM, Lasher wrote:
>>> How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
>>> between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
>>> into Word it's not pasting anything.
>>>
>>> Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
>>> work?
>>>

>>Are you using "shift+printscreen"?
>
> Thanks! I dont understand it but that made it work.

Prnt Scrn and Shift+Prnt Scrn give the same results for me. But you should
give ALT+Prnt Scrn a try. You will like the results.