From: Chuck Olson on
I've been using a Sony 18" monitor for a number of years, and I normally run
it 1024 by 768 for a pixel pitch of 0.347mm. A 32" HDTV with 1920 by 1080
has a pixel pitch of 0.369mm, so that documents will be very nearly the same
size I'm used to seeing (a barely detectable 6% larger). I figure with all
the room on the 32" screen, I can display lots of stuff. And of course, when
I'm not on the computer, all I have to do is move my chair back and enjoy
the HDTV. What's wrong with this idea?

From: Alex Clayton on
"Chuck Olson" <chuckolson01(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> I've been using a Sony 18" monitor for a number of years, and I normally
> run it 1024 by 768 for a pixel pitch of 0.347mm. A 32" HDTV with 1920 by
> 1080 has a pixel pitch of 0.369mm, so that documents will be very nearly
> the same size I'm used to seeing (a barely detectable 6% larger). I figure
> with all the room on the 32" screen, I can display lots of stuff. And of
> course, when I'm not on the computer, all I have to do is move my chair
> back and enjoy the HDTV. What's wrong with this idea?

From what I have seen it should work. I have a 50" 1080P TV. When I got a
Laptop that had an HDMI out the picture was amazing watching DVD's. I had no
idea that the RCA cable's lost that much. On my Dell I was never able to get
it to work with the picture on both the screen and TV, so had to settle for
having the display show on the TV. This means while setting up a DVD I am
using the TV as a monitor. The display is just as clear as it is on the HD
LT screen. If I was to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse I could easily surf
using the TV.
--
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Will Rogers