From: rfdjr1 on
Sorry, I don't know what exactly to call it. But what I'd like to do is when
creating a webpage, use the effect of where a page is iin a color, say blue, and
on one side of the page it starts off as a light blue, then as you look across
the page, the color darkens. Is this an effect form PSP or Photoshop or a
similar program, or would it be an effect from the web design program I use,
which is Dreamweaver? Thanks.
From: Trev on
In news:bkqph4pve7ljh74bcves1aldsp6k7gqtp7(a)4ax.com,
<rfdjr1(a)optonline.net> rfdjr1(a)optonline.net bashed on keyboard and typed:
> Sorry, I don't know what exactly to call it. But what I'd like to do
> is when creating a webpage, use the effect of where a page is iin a
> color, say blue, and on one side of the page it starts off as a light
> blue, then as you look across the page, the color darkens. Is this an
> effect form PSP or Photoshop or a similar program, or would it be an
> effect from the web design program I use, which is Dreamweaver?
> Thanks.

You need to make a gradient image could be done in just about any Graphics
program.
The gradient is then used as the background image for the web page. as
Images are big files the thing to do is make it wider then the normal
browser page say 1400 pixels wide but only say 10 pixels deep. This will be
repeated by the browser to cover the whole background unless you add no
repeat to the code. as it also repeated horizontally as well as vertically
that why it should be wider then the normal view of the web page. Other wise
it goes light blue to dark and suddenly light again.
Example; The background is just a strip with one wire ring repeted
vertically. http://www.trevorbowden.co.uk/Psp%20Rainbow.htm

--
Trev
Nobody is perfect.