From: Vosk on
I have a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed. Can't get Office 2003
Small Business but specifically Outlook 2003, to work. When I try to open I
get the following error message :

Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not start because a
data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file,
such as a personal folder file, douible click the mail icon in windows
control panel.

I've tried to do taht withour any success at all so any suggestions very
welcome!!!

Many thanks
--
Vosk
From: DL on
Was there a preinstalled Trial of Office, that you failed to uninstall
first?
What happens when you use the Mail applet to configure your mail account &
add a data file?

"Vosk" <Vosk(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed. Can't get Office 2003
> Small Business but specifically Outlook 2003, to work. When I try to open
> get the following error message :
>
> Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not start because
> data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file,
> such as a personal folder file, douible click the mail icon in windows
> control panel.
>
> I've tried to do taht withour any success at all so any suggestions very
> welcome!!!
>
> Many thanks
> --
> Vosk