From: Paul on
Metspitzer wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:28:52 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
> <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Metspitzer wrote:
>>> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge
>>> it. It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
>>> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option
>>> of not asking for the drivers anymore. Even though I have selected
>>> the option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I
>>> plug in the phone.
>>>
>>> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?
>> Install one.
>>
>> What phone is it?
>>
> The phone is an M320
> I searched Sprint's site for a driver.

There is a driver on the Samsung site. Click the "Software" tab.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=01010200&prd_mdl_cd=SPH-M320ZSASPR&prd_mdl_name=SPH-M320

This is the file I got. I had to run this in Wine, to be able
to get at the INF files.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/200803/20080305035413859_Samsung_USB_Driver_MCCI_4.34_WHQL_v3.4.exe

The INF files include:

sscdbus.inf
sscdsdm2.inf
sscdw2k.inf

The hardware that supports is

USB\VID_04E8&PID_6601
USB\VID_04E8&PID_6640

and those entries aren't in usb.ids so I can't "translate that
to English" :-)

Anyway, maybe that will get rid of the blemish in Device Manager.

Samsung also has a "PC Studio 7" software, but I'm less clear
on what phones that supports. That is about a 10x larger download.
There is a reference to that package here, and there seems to be
a separate USB driver installer package within PC Studio. I'd only
start reading this, if the above installer doesn't work.

http://forumuk.samsungmobile.com/PostsList.aspx?ForumPostID=160434

It is possible the phone came with a CD, and the CD would have
had the PC Studio (some version) on it.

Paul
From: VanguardLH on
Metspitzer wrote:

> I have a Sprint cell phone and I only use the USB cable to charge it.
> It takes a long time to search for drivers that aren't there.
> After the long process of searching for drivers there is an option of
> not asking for the drivers anymore. Even though I have selected the
> option of not asking, I still get the search for drivers when I plug
> in the phone.
>
> How can I stop XP from asking for a driver?

Does the USB device show up in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)? If so,
does it have a yellow exclamation mark icon for it? You can right-click
on the device and select Disable.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: movie maker update for mp4?