From: Spamlet on
Just found that I can't import mp4 files into Windows Movie Maker.

Can someone point me at an update for this: or do I have to use a different
prog?

Cheers,

From: meerkat on

"Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Just found that I can't import mp4 files into Windows Movie Maker.
>
> Can someone point me at an update for this: or do I have to use a
> different prog?
>
> Cheers,
Hi S. go here, d/load and install VLC.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It`ll play most types of files without installing any more codecs etc.

From: Spamlet on

"meerkat" <waiting(a)meerkatmanor.com> wrote in message

> "Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Just found that I can't import mp4 files into Windows Movie Maker.
>>
>> Can someone point me at an update for this: or do I have to use a
>> different prog?
>>
>> Cheers,
> Hi S. go here, d/load and install VLC.
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> It`ll play most types of files without installing any more codecs etc.

Thanks Meerkat,

I already knew about vlc, but on this particular laptop I wanted to stick
with the basic progs if possible, and, having explained to the user how to
use MM with a batch of video I'd already converted, I was surprised when it
didn't recognise the mp4 format of another batch. Thought there must be an
update out there that the owner had missed.

Cheers,

From: pjp on
Any Video Converter (Soundforge I do believe has it) converts just about any
format to any other. Convert it to what you're used to and proceed as
normal.

From: Bill in Co on
You can download Any Video Converter (which is a freebie) from several
sites, but I'd be surprised if SoundForge has anything to do with it.